Sunday 3 November 2013

BA STAR Review & Exclusive Discount



With Halloween scarcely behind us, Diwali in full swing, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve fast approaching, we’re now in Holiday Season! We’re finally in my favorite part of the year and I’ve been waiting all year for this. I love the weather (winter is my favorite season) and I love the holiday cheer and most of all…..I love holiday makeup.
How appropriate is it that right around this wonderful joyous time of the year BA Star decided to make me even happier with their wisely named Holiday Red Lip pencil? I’ve loved my Beauty (It’s some German brand) Poppy Red lip pencil for about a year but I was in the need for a deeper red. Poppy is a very bright and coral toned red. However, despite my love for deep red lips, I have warm-toned skin so warm toned lippies usually look better on me than deep cool-toned reds. That’s what I was afraid of when I first saw this BA Star Lippie but surprisingly enough it manages to be a deep red with warm undertones that looks PERFECT with my warm-toned skin. So to all my warm-toned friends looking for that perfect strawberry/berry red – I’ve found it!




Obviously, it’s shaped like a pencil and even though I didn’t like the transparent top at first, it makes sense considering there’s no other way to quickly see the color. You can lightly dot the pencil on your lips and then smudge it for a lighter red color.


You can also go over it with another coat for a deeper red. I somehow prefer wearing it like this. It may look a bit glossy in this picture but it’s actually quite a matte finish. I still find it more moisturizing than a typical stain.



Pros:
Beautiful color!
You can wear it on it’s own and layer on a lip gloss.
Wear it sheer or wear it darker (Versatile!)
Not as drying as pencils, stains and matte lipsticks usually are.
Good sized product


Cons:
The only thing I don’t like about this pencil is that the color smudges and spreads too easily but that could be because it’s so creamy. In this case I guess creaminess could be a good thing as well as a bad thing. Matte finished products don’t really smudge this much.

Overall I’m really impressed with this product. It’s a better red shade for my skin than I expected and if you’r careful about not smudging it, it’s almost perfect.
Now for the part you’ve read through the whole post for : the lovely people at BA Star have been so kind and given me a code to share with you guys. This code ensures a flat 50% off the ful retail price when you shop from their website ( http://bastar.com/ ). The code: BBLIPS
So head over right now and shop!

I hope you liked this post. Tell me what you think about this brand and review :)
You can follow me on Twitter , Bloglovin' , Facebook , Pinterest and Polyvore . 

Tanaya <3

Disclaimer:
Powered by BrandBacker
 I do not benefit in any way from anything you may or may not decide to buy. This is a lovely brand so I wanted to share this opportunity with you. The thoughts and opinions in this review are entirely my own.

2 comments:

I love reading your comments and it makes me so happy so please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. :)

Trending Articles

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...