Thursday 21 November 2013

L'oreal Colour Riche Balm Review.



"Indulge your lips with Colour Riche® Balm. This tinted lip balm provides a hint of luscious, kissable color, smoothing lips instantly and for a full 8 hours of continuous hydration. Lips are softer and more supple all day long—and keeps conditioning even after it’s been removed."
That's what L'oreal says about this lip product. While I agree that it's pretty hydrating (much more than I expected) , saying 8 hours is a stretch. It doesn't even stay on my lips for 8 hours so obviously, it doesn't hydrate them for 8 hours. 
It comes in 8 shades that I'm pretty happy with. It's a well-thought range of shades with a shade for every person. The shade I have is Tender Mauve.

The texture of this product is quite similar to the Revlon Lip Butters but I like the packaging of these much more. The pretty and shiny metallic parts go well with the translucent and sleek plastic covers. 
Tender Mauve is a sheer (all the shades have a sheer finish) pink. It just isn't your typical bright or pale pink but rather a very unique and wonderful baby pink with a hint of purple. However, it leaves you with the famed 'my lips but better' look that everyone loves. 


This is the perfect everyday lip product since it doesn't give a very bold look but still adds color. Overall, I'm really pleased with the product. I would think it's a cheaper dupe for YSL Volupte Sheer Candy but I've never tried one of those so I can't say for sure. The consistency, texture and finish just looks really similar to the swatches I've seen of some YSL Volupte Sheer Candy shades and a few YSL Rouge Volupte Shine shades. However, I don't promise that they're the same. There's just a high probability that they are.
If you like sheer lip colors, go try this out because it's wonderful for those days when you can't decide on a color.

Let me know if you've tried any of these or the YSL lippies before and how they compare. I hope you found this post helpful. You can follow me on Twitter, Bloglovin' , Facebook and Polyvore :D  

Tanaya <3

4 comments:

  1. Great review! X

    kittensintophats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a fan of l'oreal's lip products, I think they're a bit over priced and there's better cheaper alternatives...these look okay but i don't think I'll purchase them :(

    Sharlotte xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's okay. I agree that L'oreal products are overpriced. I haven't tried Maybelline's color whisper but I guess they're similar and cheaper :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments and it makes me so happy so please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. :)

Trending Articles

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...